Why join our team?
- We offer a beautiful, brand new, state of the art facility
- Physician driven care plans designed to maximize the quality of care
- We offer an environment that encourages team involvement and fosters new ideas
- Excellent pay
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision, along with the other ancillary benefits
This position works internally in the skilled nursing facility. The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for screening potential admissions and obtaining all required paperwork for the admission process. This position works closely with medical staff, marketing and treatment team, fellow department heads and administration. This position may also participate in the on-call rotation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in interviewing patients and obtaining required information and signatures.
- Receives patient referral and disseminates the information to appropriate individuals
- Tracks pre-admission referral activity as needed
- Admit and prepare identification records for patients in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Confirms financial approval with the appropriate party.
- Notifies departments of anticipated admissions and coordinates room assignments.
- Schedules transportation and conducts tours of the Center.
- Maintain an accurate record of available beds.
- Admit patients in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel, as well as other departments within the facility, hospitals, physicians and homecare agencies.
- Attach preadmission documentation to admission papers as appropriate.
- Collect, assemble, and check admission papers. Forward to appropriate department.
- Forward completed medical records to the Medical Records Department as appropriate.
- Notify nursing service when the resident has arrived at the facility to assure that a member of the nursing staff escorts the resident to his/her assigned room.
- Keep abreast of current Medicare/Medicaid regulations governing admission/discharge requirements of health care facilities.
- LPN or RN preferred
- As a minimum, three years working in a healthcare facility, in a nursing facility, preferred
- Must possess effective communication skills
- Must be familiar with a patient’s rights and responsibilities
- Must be able to plan and coordinate resources to meet residents’ needs
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians and patients’ families
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines and work cohesively with other departments in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Must have basic knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel